About Me

My photo
When I read a great book, I don't go on to the next great book, I want to know what else the author has to offer. I read a lot of series and I believe it takes a great author to grow a series. It's not uncommon that once I find such an author, I will read everything they've written. Sometimes the series goes on past it's peak, but you won't find that to be an issue with my recommendations. These are the best of the best, in my book ;-)

Friday, April 1, 2016

Marie Force is a force of nature!!!


First of all, a big Congrats to Marie on finishing her 50th book just 2 weeks before her 50th Birthday. She is a Rock Star in my 'book' :)
I have no recollection of how I landed on Marie Force's Gansett Island with The McCarthy family, but waiting for the next book in the series nearly drove me crazy! I read the first 6 books in 5 days! Having to wait 2 weeks for book 7 was torture. The series has now surpassed 14 books and a following of readers unlike anything I've ever seen. There's even a Reader's Group on Facebook with over 10,000 members!
While I was not-so-patiently waiting on the next Gansett Island book, I discovered Marie's Treading Water series. This is when I knew that I would read every book she will ever write! I finished the series in a few days and started knocking out all of her stand alone books one by one.
My return to Gansett Island was too brief but my curiosity about Marie's Fatal series finally got the best of me. I'll admit, the title alone worried me. It wasn't at all what I feared and I was hooked all over again. I read the first four book in four days and had to wait until November for book 5. The series is now up to 10 books! Click here for all of the Fatal series books!
The first book in Marie's Green Mountain series came out in February of 2014 and I didn't welcome it. I loved all of her other series so much, I just wanted more of them. I even waited ten days to purchase the first book after it was released. It was a rookie mistake and I'm no rookie with Marie Force's books! By the time you finish book one, you'll be packing a bag for Vermont and looking for one of those Abbott boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment