About Me

My photo
When I read a great book, I don't go on to the next great book, I want to know what else the author has to offer. I read a lot of series and I believe it takes a great author to grow a series. It's not uncommon that once I find such an author, I will read everything they've written. Sometimes the series goes on past it's peak, but you won't find that to be an issue with my recommendations. These are the best of the best, in my book ;-)

Friday, April 1, 2016

Elin Hilderbrand reKINDLEs an old flame!

After 21 years of raising children, I finally picked up another book. I was flying out of Houston, Texas to Bellingham, Washington on June 8, 2012 and purchased a book in the airport. This book was called 'The Island' by Elin Hilderbrand and I devoured it. My intention was to read it on the plane trip to Bellingham and on the trip back, but I never put it down. I discovered that it was one of many books by Elin that takes place on or near Nantucket Island. I spent two weeks in Bellingham but refused to get on the plane for the return trip home without another book. I found 'The Beach Club' and off I went. When I returned home, I purchased a Kindle. My Amazon Kindle purchases from the time I returned home on June 24, 2012 are as follows:
June 24, 2012 - A Summer Affair
June 25, 2012 - Nantucket Nights
June 27, 2012 - Barefoot
June 30, 2012 - Summer People
July 3, 2012 - Beautiful Day
July 4, 2012 - Silver Girl
July 7, 2012 - The Castaways
July 9, 2012 - The Blue Bistro
July 12, 2012 - The Love Season
July 15, 2012 - Summerland
Obviously, an old addiction was back in full force!
Click here to see all of Elin's books!
The last book, Summerland was released June 26, 2012 and the next book wasn't released until May 14, 2013 so I was forced to seek out another author. And we all know what it's like when we find an author we love and read the last book they have available.





No comments:

Post a Comment